A study done by The Economist Intelligence Unit in 2006 found that 90% of executives from more than 60 countries said that cross-cultural leadership was one of their top management challenges.
Personal and Interpersonal Effectiveness in the Global Context
How can organizations develop leaders who have the personal and interpersonal skills to successfully collaborate and model effective collaboration? How can organizations grow leaders who can develop effective relationships which will matter more in the future as technology and processes become more automated and more partnerships are created between organizations?
Personal and Interpersonal Challenges of Global Leaders:
- Managing self, including emotions, language, communication style, and potential leadership derailers.
- Managing relationships including those relationships within the global work system including internal relationships, relationships with customers, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Becoming resilient to include health and well being, management of energy, and personal relationships.
Click here to go directly to solutions for personal and interpersonal challenges for global leaders.
Intercultural Effectiveness in Global Leadership
Is it possible for organizations to really leverage cultural differences? Can organizations embed cultural competence in their organizational leadership competencies and global leadership development so that leaders can implement appropriate business strategies globally and locally and maintain effective intercultural working relationships?
Cultural Challenges of Global Leaders
- Becoming culturally intelligent
- Adapting leadership presence and style as appropriate in different cultures without losing focus and authenticity
- Selecting and developing high potential leaders from diverse and unfamiliar cultures
- Doing cultural due diligence
- Leveraging cultural differences
- Developing interpersonal skills that are engaging across cultures and intentionally adapting them to work effectively with others globally
Leadership Challenges of Global Leaders
How do global organizations develop leaders who share the company's core leadership values and competencies, think globally, and execute in multiple local environments? How do they ensure that leadership development programs are fully implemented?
Leadership Challenges of Global Leaders Working in Multiple Cultures
- Avoiding delays in production and deliverables
- Collaborating without misunderstanding
- Engaging employees in multiple cultures
- Balancing the implementation of corporate strategy with local business practices
- Dealing with the complexities of doing business globally
- Leveraging cultural differences on global teams
- Thinking beyond personal boundaries of culture, race and gender, etc.
- Systems thinking
Contact Barrie Zucal at +1.301.274.3898 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for a detailed program description of the GCN individual and group coaching programs for global executive development.